{news} Fw: [ctgp] Callling all Greens! Regional meeting on Feb, 5th - Please sign up!

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 13 18:31:18 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim McKee
To: ctgp at lists.riseup.net
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 5:38 PM
Subject: [ctgp] Callling all Greens! Regional meeting on Feb, 5th - Please sign up!

  There was a preliminary meeting in Portland, Maine, on November 27,with members of the Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire Green
Parties in attendance.  All who were there were enthusiastic about
getting the folks in New England together on a regional basis.  The
idea was not so much to have regional meetings of the GPUS (i.e., to
discuss issues relating to the national party), but rather to find ways
that the state parties can work together to support their state and
local missions.

Toward this end, I offered to try and arrange a second such
"preliminary" meeting in Massachusetts, being the most central state in
the region.  I have informally suggested a couple of dates, but will
now more formally suggest Saturday, February 5.  It would be great to
work toward a regional "convention" (for lack of a better term)
sometime over the summer (I like the beach idea).

Lastly, if you have not seen it yet, I have been taking responses to a couple of survey questions addressing the local and state interests of New England Greens, as well as their personal motivation for being involving in the Green party.  If you haven't yet responded, I invite you to do so (note, I have only 1 response so far from Connecticut).
The URL is:

http://home.comcast.net/~jdh87

Please feel free to share this with folks in your state who are not
(yet) on this list.

Thanks.

Jim Henderson