{news} USGP Ad in tomorrow's NY Times (except CT, NJ & NY)

Charlie Pillsbury chapillsbury at igc.org
Mon Nov 15 18:27:53 EST 2004

Morning After
----- Original Message -----
From: Kara Mullen, Green Party of the US
To: chapillsbury at igc.org
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 4:54 PM
Subject: Ad in tomorrow's NY Times

            Dear Friend,

            I have some exciting news for all fans of the Green Party.

            At long last, the New York Times finally found room to run our "Morning After Ad" in the Tuesday, November 16th edition of the paper. The ad will run in tomorrow's New York Times issue in all regions of the country outside metropolitan New York City. The ad will be a full-page ad in the news section and will reach 500,000 people in 48 states including upstate New York.

            "Sick of cleaning up after other people's parties?" asks the ad, which depicts the back ends of a donkey and an elephant. "Join the party that won't make a mess of things." The ad encourages citizens to "Register Green. Vote Green. Give Green."

            The advertisement will also mention the Green House parties which will be happening all over the country now through January. We encourage you to host a Green House party in your community. If you would like to host a Green House party during the holidays, sign up at www.gp.org/houseparty.

            This is a critical time to reach voters who may feel disenfranchised after the election. Perhaps they know that the time is now to stop supporting the two corporate parties who no longer have the interests of hard-working Americans close to their hearts. If you haven't yet registered Green, maybe now is the time.

            Sincerely,

            Kara Mullen, Fundraising Director

            PS: Stay tuned. Your monthly edition of GreenLine will arrive in your inbox this week.