{news} Fw: [al-awda-CT] Join CTGP candidate Ferucci in Picketing Rosa DeLauro Tomorrow - Tues.

Justine McCabe justinemccabe at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 11 17:17:11 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: The Struggle
To: Awda Connecticut ; CTpeace-activists at yahoogroups.com ; newhavengreens at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 4:10 PM
Subject: [al-awda-CT] Picket Rosa DeLauro Tomorrow - Tues.

Tomorrow Oct 12, Rosa DeLauro is being honored by AIPAC, the notorious lobby that defends every vicious act of the Israeli government and is currently involved in a campaign to defend the Apartheid Wall [ruled illegal by the International Court of Justice].  AIPAC is also the key lobby sending billions of your tax money to Ariel Sharon.

It was a defender to the very end of the murderous sanctions against Iraq, a war crime in itself.

Come Join Al-Awda and MECC and Green Party congressional candidate Ralph Ferrrucci in a picket of the award dinner tomorrow at 6 p.m. in Farmington!  [directions below]

some suggested signs:

DeLauro and AIPAC
        Party
While 100 Palestinians Die

Shame on DeLauro: Slave to Special Interests

Rosa DeLauro: Stop Supporting Israeli War Crimes
Keep Our Taxes at Home

Iman Al-Hama, Child shot 20 times
by the US supplied Israeli Army

Direction to 10 Belgravia Terrace, Farmington, CT 06032,
[We'll probably picket around the Henley Commons/Belgravia intersection]

>From I-84 take exit 39 Route 4 Farmington.

At the end of the eixt ramp continue straight onto Route 4 West.

Continue approx. 2 miles to traffic light at TOWN FARMS ROAD.

Turn RIGHT onto TOWNFARMS ROAD at (Tunxis Plantation Golf Course).

Pass the golf course and take the next LEFT on to DEVONWOOD DRIVE.

At the first stop sign Take RIGHT TURN onto CAMBRIDGE CROSSING.

At the third street on the Right Take a RIGHT TURN onto HENLEY COMMONS.

Take an immediate left onto BELGRAVIA TERRACE.

10 Belgravia Terrace is on the cul-de-sac (house numbers are on mail
boxes).

>From the intersection of Route 10 (WATERVILLE ROAD) and ROUTE 44
(ALBANY AVENUE) in Avon.

Tavel approx. 2.4 miles on Route 10 (WATERVILLE ROAD).

At the traffice light Take a RIGHT TURN on OLD FARMS ROAD.

Continue for 0.5 miles and take a LEFT TURN onto TILLOTSON ROAD.

Continue 1.7 miles on TILLOTSON ROAD and Tillotson Road becomes TOWN
FARMS ROAD.

Turn RUGHT onto DEVONWOOD DRIVE at the first stop sign take RIGHT TURN
onto CAMBRIDGE CROSSING.

At the third street on the Right Take a RIGHT TURN onto HENLEY COMMONS.

Take an immediate left onto BELGRAVIA TERRACE.

10 Belgravia Terrace is on the cul-de-sac (house numbers are on mail
boxes).

Join Us! 2003 is Al-Nakba Awareness and Al-Awda Activism Year. http://Al-Awda.org

Contact your representatives and elected officials: use
http://congress.cfl-online.org/

For other ways to help, see http://BoycottIsraeliGoods.org

Views are those of their owners. To subscribe to Al-Awda Connecticut, please send a blank message to:
Al-Awda-CT-subscribe at yahoogroups.com.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor