{news} Elizabeth Horton Sheff's letter of resignation from the CT Green Party

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 12 22:58:08 EDT 2004

     At the 10/10/04 Executive Committee meeting, Elizabeth Horton Sheff distributed the following letter to the members of the Executive Committee.  The Executive Committee decided, after discussion, that this letter should be put on the News listserve.
"I begin this letter with an expression of thanks to the Connecticut Green Party (CTGP) for its support.

"Many years back, when I was in search of a political home, the CTGP presented so many possibilities.  The Ten Key Green Values reflected my own principles.  The people with whom I worked were committed, like myself, to nurturing a grassroots movement with aim to shape a new, just peace reality in our nation and around our world.

"Yet, while I remain appreciative of our past relationship, today I find that we stand at a crossroad in our partnership.

"Over the past few years our respective pursuit of justice has diverged in many critical ways.  Upon much reflection and prayer, I have come to realize that responsibilities to those who elected or call upon me, and my fundamental convictions must take priority.  Therefore, it is with heavy heart that I tender my resignation to the CTGP, effective immediately.  In keeping with my support for third-party politics, I will be changing my party status to unaffiliated within the coming week.

"Please know that I remain open to working with the CTGP on an issue-by-issue basis, and that I wish both you and the Green Party well.

"Continued strength!

"[signed] Elizabeth

"Elizabeth Horton Sheff"