{news} Nov 13th "Thank You Candidates" Potluck Party / State wide meeting

Tim McKee timmckee at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 27 13:25:15 EDT 2004

Contact: Tim McKee, 860-643-2282

We invite all Green Party backers, candidates and other who are just interested in the Green Party to our first "Thank You Candidates! and Where Do We  Go From Here?" potluck luncheon and meeting.

We want to hear from the candidates and "Thank Them" for running! We want to hear what went right.. wrong and ways to improve our local candidates campaigns! The funny little stories, endorsements and numbers.. and hopefully WINS!

We have over 209 elected Greens and we will update you on:

Local candidate races,

Congressional races

The Presidential Race (David Cobb and Ralph Nader results)

First Church Of Christ, 190 Court Street,( off Main Street at Court) in Middletown, CT

 Sat. Nov. 13, 11 AM to 2 PM,   It’s the big room on the first floor, on the left side.

Our second main agenda after lunch is "Where Do We Go From Here?" Kerry or Bush is President and what is their agenda? Voting reforms on the local level- we had a good start. Fighting Sprawl. Health Care Reform. Repealing the Patriot Act. THE WAR!!!  YOU tell us!

The event is free, but small donations will be accepted to cover the cost the room. No one will be turned away for lack of money.

Please bring any cover dish, salads, drinks, or what ever you like. If you can not bring any dish, please pitch in with a little extra for the room cost

Here are driving instructions from anywhere:

Hartford, Cromwell and Points North: Take Route 9 South. At the second set of lights (exit #15 for Route 66 West) take a right on Washington Street. At the next light take a left on Main Street. Turn right at the next cross street, Court Street (just past Bob's Surplus). The church is half a block up on the right.

Portland and Points East: Take Route 66 West over the Arrigoni Bridge. At the first light, continue straight (South) on Main Street. Counting that light as one, at the fifth light (just past Bob's Surplus) take a right on Court Street. The church is half a block up on the right.

Haddam and Points Southeast: Take Route 9 North. At the first set of lights (exit #15 for Route 66 West) take a left on Washington Street. At the next light take a left on Main Street. Turn right at the next cross street, Court Street (just past Bob's Surplus).  The church is half a block up on the right.

Durham and Points Southwest: Take Route 17 North all the way to downtown Middletown, and take a left onto Main Street at the South Green. Counting that light as one, at the fourth light take a left on Court Street. The church is half a block up on the right.

Meriden and Points West: Take Route 66 East all the way to downtown Middletown. Take a right onto Main Street. Turn right at the next cross street, Court Street (just past Bob's Surplus).  The church is half a block up on the right.