{news} agenda 9/28/04 SCC meeting,part 3 of 3

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 22 01:58:34 EDT 2004

Appendix 5  Proposal from Hamden chapter on creation of voters' rights working group

[in 8/10/04 e-mail attachment from Aaron Gustafson]

Green Party Meeting Proposal Form
PRESENTER (committee, chapter(s) or group of individuals)
Hamden Green Party

CONTACT (name, address, phone number, email)
Aaron Gustafson; 83 Treadwell St, Hamden, CT 06517; 203-230-9726; webmaster at ctgreens.org

SUBJECT (10 words or less)
Creation of Voters' Rights Working Group

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE (100 words or less; include relationship, reasons and/or justification to the State Central Committee)
The purpose of the Voters' Rights Working Group will be to work toward improving the relationship of the CT Green Party and the population of registered Greens in CT. This Working Group is being formed to address inadequacies in the current voting process and to ensure proper procedures are followed to allow for the involvement of every Green registered in the state of Connecticut.

PROPOSAL (200 words or less)
We propose that the CT Green Party constitute a Voters' Rights Working Group, consisting of at least one member each of the Elections Committee, Communications Committee and IT Committee and any other interested parties. The initial purpose of this Working Group is to examine the current state of primary voting among registered Greens in CT. The group will be charged with finding out what ways we can better reach voters and obtain their participation in the primary election cycle (via interviews, questionnaires, etc.). The eventual outcome from this Working Group will be 1) an examination and full report on past oversights regarding primary voting among Greens in CT (to be presented to the SCC); and 2) a plan for how to best carry out primaries on local, regional and state levels through the use of a secure internet-based voting system (for those with internet access) and traditional mail-in ballots (for those without internet access or who prefer to vote by mail). The Working Group's final recommendations will presented to the SCC and, upon approval, become the initial blueprint for a new voter outreach program. It is likely that this Working Group will be of use from time to time following the launch of the program to evaluate it successes and failures and work to refine the process over time.

Appendix 6  Proposal on rotating SCC meeting location.

Green Party Meeting Proposal Form
PRESENTER (committee, chapter(s) or group of individuals)
CT Green Party Women's Caucus

CONTACT (name, address, phone number, email)
Kelly McCarthy; 83 Treadwell St, Hamden, CT 06517; 203-230-9726; kelly.mccarthy at aya.yale.edu

SUBJECT (10 words or less)
Rotating monthly SCC meeting location

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE (100 words or less; include relationship, reasons and/or justification to the State Central Committee)
The monthly SCC meetings have been occurring in only one or two towns in the state-namely, Middletown and more recently, Hartford.  Rotating the state meetings through each of the chapters would periodically ease the burden on certain groups and, hopefully, provide for the participation of additional Greens.

PROPOSAL (200 words or less)
We propose that the CT Green Party rotate the monthly SCC meeting locations through either: 1) each of the individual town/regional chapters on a cyclical basis; or 2) each region of the State (N/S/E/W).

This rotation would follow a predetermined schedule, and would require each chapter/regional chapters to secure an appropriate meeting space and give notification to the SCC of the location at least one month before the scheduled meeting.

Appendix 7  Proposal on endorsing the Nov. 20 conference "Where do we go from here?"

Green Party Meeting Proposal Form

PRESENTER (committee, chapter(s) or group of individuals):  Steve Krevisky, Vincent Maruffi, Vic Lancia, Susan Oehl, Ed DuBrule, Bob Eaton, Elizabeth Brancato

CONTACT (name, address, phone number, email):  Steve Krevisky, SKrevisky at mxcc.commnet.edu

SUBJECT (10 words or less):  endorsement of Nov. 20 conference "Where do we go from here?"

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE (100 words or less; include relationship, reasons and/or justification to the State Central Committee):   CT United for Peace is sponsoring a Nov. 20, 2004 conference with the theme "Where Do We Go From Here?  What are the next steps for the peace movement?"

PROPOSAL (200 words or less):  the CTGP should endorse this conference.

Appendix 8  Proposal on unreimbursed expenditures made by Chris Reilly

Green Party Meeting Proposal Form
PRESENTER (committee, chapter(s) or group of individuals)
CT Green Party Women's Caucus

CONTACT (name, address, phone number, email)
Kelly McCarthy; 83 Treadwell St, Hamden, CT 06517; 203-230-9726; kelly.mccarthy at aya.yale.edu

SUBJECT (10 words or less)
Audit of loan to Chris Reilly and explanation from former treasurer Bruce Crowder.

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE (100 words or less; include relationship, reasons and/or justification to the State Central Committee)
One of the pillars of our party is accountability and transparency in all things; and, at the present, the SCC has been unable to reconcile the debt owed to Chris Reilly because the former treasurer, Bruce Crowder, has not provided any explanation for the situation. Even if Bruce is no longer active with the party, his actions are leaving the GPC heavily in debt and he shares in this responsibility. The Women's Caucus is proposing this audit so we minimize the possibility of similar incidents occurring in the future.

PROPOSAL (200 words or less)

We propose that the SCC request Bruce Crowder and Chris Reilly appear before the SCC at the next meeting in order to explain the history of the current GPC debt related to the Hartford office. We would like for them to reconcile:

1) why Chris Reilly, founder of the GPC and former treasurer, did not communicate the presence of the loans to at least two of the co-chairs (Tom and Justine), despite his obvious knowledge of GPC process;

2) why Chris wasn't repaid (if the loans were regarded as short-term and "informal" by Bruce and Chris) once there was income from a fundraising letter;

3) why half of the rent for the Hartford office wasn't paid by the Hartford chapter, even if the SCC half was paid through a loan from Chris.

Appendix 9  Alternative budget

Green Party Meeting Proposal Form

PRESENTER (committee, chapter(s) or group of individuals):  Northwest chapter

CONTACT (name, address, phone number, email):  Elizabeth M. Brancato, 19 Smith Street, Torrington, CT 06790, embrancato at netzero.com

SUBJECT (10 words or less):  Alternate Budget for June,2004-June,2005

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE (100 words or less; include relationship, reasons and/or justification to the State Central Committee):

The budget from the Executive Committee has little support. It is important that we comply with the recently adopted Financial Plan, which mandates that we adopt a budget. We present this budget as an alternative in the hope that consensus can be reached and a budget adopted.

PROPOSAL (200 words or less):