{news} "Green Policy 2005" Madison , WI

Tim McKee timmckee at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 1 14:28:05 EST 2005

Green Policy 2005

A Gathering to Share Issues and Actions and Possibly Discuss
Coordinating
our Work

Hosted by Green Officeholders and
Supported by the Green Institute, the Havens Center and Liberty Tree

Green officeholders in Dane County and Madison, Wisconsin, are putting
out
an invitation to all Green officeholders to meet in beautiful Madison,
Wisconsin, on the weekend of June 25th and 26th, 2005 to discuss our
activities as officeholders, share our successes and failures, and talk
about possibly coordinating our activities for greater impact.

I hope that you can come to Madison for our gathering. We Green
officeholders need to work together and share our experiences. I think
this
meeting can really improve our effectiveness and impact. – Brenda
Konkel,
City Council, Madison, Wisc.

Where:          Madison, Wisc,

When:            June 25-26

Cost:              No registration cost to attendees

Who:              This event is open to officeholders. Officeholders
may
request that their staff be included. Certain speakers and
representatives
may also be invited.

Purpose:      To encourage communication, sharing and possibly
coordination
between officeholders. Any follow-on work, organization, or effort
after
this conference is at the choice and decision of those attending.

Keynote speaker to be determined

Housing:      Local organizers will help attendees find free housing
among
local people if they cannot afford a hotel.

Scholarships:         Conference sponsors are offering scholarships to
limited number of officeholders to assist them with the expense for
their
travel and in some cases, for hotel rooms. They will not pay 100% of
these
costs. The purpose of the scholarships is to support diversity in
attendance as it relates to racial, gender, sexual orientation, age,
office
type and geography, to the greatest degree possible. Forms will be
posted
on a website now under construction to apply for these funds. In the
mean
time, forms can be requested at the email address below.

Please contact Dean Myerson at
<mailto:dean at greeninstitute.net>dean at greeninstitute.net for further
information. A website will be announced shortly.

This event is being co-hosted by the Green Institute, the Havens Center
and
Liberty Tree. These non-profit, non-partisan organizations are legally
prohibited from expending funds to support or oppose particular
candidates
for electoral office, and are therefore participating in this event
solely
to carry out its nonprofit purpose, which is to educate on issues of
importance to our values.