{news} Civil Unions rally 24th// Real Dialogue Speak Out April 22

Tim McKee timmckee at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 18 14:57:40 EDT 2005

Civil Unions Today
Equal Dignity Tomorrow!

Marriage Equality Action

(simultaneous to Family Institute Anti-Equality Rally)

Sunday, April 24, 2005

1:00 -- 3:30 PM

CT State Capitol, South Side
(overlooking Capitol Avenue)

featuring speeches, songs, and A Gay Wedding at 2:00 PM with marriage licenses for same-gender couples!

Celebrate the Marriage Equality Future We Seek Today!

Sponsored by the CT Marriage Equality Coalition

http://www.ctEQUALITY.org

Background info:

The Family Institute of CT/Action is planning to bring 25,000 people to our Capitol to oppose Marriage for Same-Gender Couples.

Join the CT Marriage Equality Coalition as we celebrate the de facto (but legally unrecognized) marriages of same-gender couples.

To Register as a Couple or to Add your Organization or Congregation as a Co-sponsor, go to www.ctEQUALITY.org, click on the Contact Us link, and use the form provided.

You, your organization, your voice is invited to participate in the Real Dialogue Speak Out
Real People ~ Real Issues ~ Diversity Critical

Friday, April 22, 2005
6:30 till 8 pm ~ Street Theater and gathering in front of the Bushnell (166 Capitol Ave, Hartford)
8 till 10pm ~ Real Dialogue Speak Out at the First Presbyterian Church next to the Bushnell (136 Capitol Ave)

If the paid political pundits at the CT Forum: ‘The Culture War – Moral Values, Decency, Marriage and Religion’ or the media in general do not represent you or the issues you find essential, join the Real Dialogue outside the Bushnell. The Coalition for a Real Dialogue is not defining the issues - we are providing people the opportunity to present their issues and concerns in their own way. Real People ~ Real Speech ~ Diversity Essential. You and your organization can make this possible.  Bring your message – written, spoken, performed – to Hartford’s Speak Out and Free Speech Zone.

For further information contact Richard at (860) 951-0095 or Jerimarie at (860) 983-8139.

The Coalition for a Real Dialogue comes together this evening to present the many values and issues that must be a part of any discussion of the so-called “Cultural War”. Our coalition members are actively involved in building a culture of peace. We gather to affirm human dignity, equality, personal responsibility and caring, honesty, and diversity as necessary values in building community. We are committed to building a society where economic and political power is truly shared by all racial and ethnic groups.