{news} Campaign school

Tom Sevigny capeconn at comcast.net
Sun Apr 24 17:18:37 EDT 2005

Folks,

The media workshop alone is worth the trip to New London.  Please make every effort to attend this campaign school.  Candidates, campaign staff and volunteers will find this school extremely helpful.

NORTHEAST  CAMPAIGN SCHOOL

FOR GREEN PARTY CANDIDATES, CAMPAIGN STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS

PLEASE HOLD THE DATE

WHEN:  Saturday May 7, 2005 from 10am - 4pm

WHERE:  All Souls Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 60 Huntingdon Street, New London, CT

HOW MUCH:  $5.00 a person to cover food cost.  Lunch will be provided.

Guest speakers will include GPUS Political Director Brent McMillan and GPUS Media Coordinator Scott McClarty.

Housing for over night stays will be provided.

AGENDA

1.  10-10:30  Coffee social and introductions

 2.  10:30 - 11:00  "The proper role of a state elections committee."  Ben
 Gworek, RI Green Party

3.  11:00 - 11:30  "How to get out the vote"  John Funchion, RI Green Party

 4.  11:30 - 12:45  Lunch

 5.  12:45 - 3:00 "Media Workshop for Greens."  Scott McClarty, GPUS Media
advisor.

6.  2:45 - 3:45  "What Every Green Candidate Should Know."  Brent McMillan,
 GPUS Political Director

Directions to All Souls Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 60 Huntington Street, New London, CT

        From the West, take I-95 North to exit 83.  At the traffic light at the end of the ramp, go straight- you are now on Huntington Street.  Go through three traffic lights, and All Souls is on the right just past the third one.  Parking is in the rear- go past All Souls, take the first right (at the stop sign) onto Jay Street, and take a quick right into the first parking lot.  Go all the way to the back,  and All Souls will be on the right.
        From the North, take I-395 South to exit 78 (left exit).  This dumps you out onto Rt 32 south.  Follow Rt 32 past Conn College and I-95, and just past I-95 it turns into Eugene O'Neill Drive.  At the third light past I-95, turn right on State Street.  Go up State about 1/4 mile, and turn left onto Huntington.  All Souls is on the right as soon as you make the turn.   Parking is in the rear- go past All Souls, take the first right (at the stop sign) onto Jay Street, and take a quick right into the first parking lot.  Go all the way to the back, and All Souls will be on the right.
        From the East, take I-95 South across the Gold Star Bridge, and take the first exit after the bridge, exit 84.  The exit splits into three; keep all the way to the left, following the signs for Exit 84S, Downtown New London.  The exit puts you onto Eugene O'Neill Drive.  At the third light, turn right on State Street.  Go up State about 1/4 mile, and turn left onto Huntington.   All Souls is on the right as soon as you make the turn.   Parking is in the rear- go past All Souls, take the first right (at the stop sign) onto Jay Street, and take a quick right into the first parking lot.  Go all the way to the back,  and All Souls will be on the right.
        Public Transit- Amtrak and Greyhound both come to New London.   Union Station, where they both arrive, is on Water Street at State Street.  Walk out of the building, turn left, and you come to State Street almost immediately.  Turn right on State, and walk up the street about 3/8 mile.  When you reach Huntington Street,  All Souls is across the street, a little bit to the left