{news} Re: Letter to Editor

Elizabeth M. Brancato embrancato at netzero.com
Wed Aug 10 20:07:16 EDT 2005

Sorry, here's the letter:

Dear Editor,

As I write this, a brave, bereaved American mother is in her second day
of waiting outside the president's ranch, in Crawford, TX, to speak with
him.  She wants to know why her son, Casey, died.  She asks "What is the
'noble cause'" that over 1800 of our children have died for?  She is
determined to stay until her questions are answered.

Cindy, who co-founded Gold Star Families for Peace (www.gsfp.org), along
with representatives of Veterans for Peace (www.veteransforpeace.org),
Vietnam Veterans Against the War (www.vvaw.org), and Iraq Veterans
Against the War (www.ivaw.net) journeyed to Crawford Saturday morning
and began their march to the president's ranch.  They have been harassed
and intimidated, but they have persevered, and people from all over the
country are traveling to Texas to join them.  Others, who cannot go to
Texas,  have begun a fast in support of their cause.

Cindy has said, about her "occupation" of Crawford, TX,  "The beginning
of the end of the occupation of Iraq was on August 6, 2005, and in, of
all places, Crawford, TX."

Please express your support of this effort and the effort to stop the
killing of our children, however you can.  Contact any of the
organizations listed above.  Write to the  President, and to your
members of Congress.  Write to this newspaper.   Stand with your area
Peace group, in their regular vigils.

Bring our troops home.  Now.

Elizabeth M. Brancato