{news} 8-30-05 SCC meeting at Middletown Public Library

B Barry roseberry3 at cox.net
Tue Aug 23 19:18:44 EDT 2005

8-30-05 SCC meeting of the Green Party of CT

Time: 7 to 8:30pm, 8-30-05

Location: Middletown Public Library, 123 Broad Street, Middletown, CT

                    Hubbard Room

          Phone: 860-347-2528

Facilitator: To Be Determined

A.	Preliminaries:

1.	(2 minutes): Introductions/identify chapters, recruit timekeeper and
stacker.
2.	(1 minute): Identify people present who are NOT voting
representatives.
3.	(1 minute): Adopt ground rules.
4.	(2 minutes): Approval of tonight's proposed agenda, additions and
deletions.
5.	(6 minutes): Comments and approval of 5-31-05, 6-26-05 and  7-26-05
SCC minutes.
6.	(2 minutes): Comments and approval of April 26, 2005 SCC minutes.
7.	(2 minutes): Comments and approval of March 2005 SCC minutes.
8.	(15 minutes): Presentation of Treasurer's monthly report.

B.	Reports:

1. (2 minutes each): Chapter reports.

2. (10 minutes): U.S. Green Party representatives' reports by Tim McKee and
Thomas Sevigny.

3. (5 minutes): Women's Caucus report.

4. (5 minutes): V.O.T.E.R. report from Mike DeRosa.

5. (2 minutes): legislative report from Mike DeRosa.

6. (5 minutes): 6-13-05 and 7-11-05 EC meetings from Barbara Barry.

7. (2 minutes): Strategy Committee.

C.	Presentation:

1. (20 minutes): Green Party of CT Restructuring Plan and Goals for
2005/2006: working draft

by Kelly McCarthy and Aaron Gustafson.

D.	Proposal:

1: EC proposal: What: Have voting members sign-in on a sheet at each SCC
meeting. Goal: To assist the

Secretary with a count of voters, if votes are taken during the SCC meeting.

2: Shoreline Chapter proposal:

PROPOSAL

PRESENTER

Shoreline Chapter

CONTACT

SHORELINE CHAPTER

Lindsay Mathews, CO-CHAIR, 256 Shore Drive, Branford, CT 06405

(203) 488-3044

SUBJECT

Request for funding for mailing to Shoreline constituents.

BACKGROUND and PURPOSE

As a result of the information provided to us by the speaker from CCAG at

our June, SCC meeting, we would like to do a mailing and fundraising letter

to our constituents to update them on the struggle for publicly financed

elections in CT and to also use this mailing as a fundraiser.

PROPOSAL

We propose that the CT GP support this effort by funding this mailing.

The mailing to 250 people would include:

Copies:  $44.73 (includes tax)

    a double sided flyer of facts/info given to us by CCAG

    a cover letter from our Chair

Envelopes:  $23.90

    250, #10 envelopes      $7.36

    250, #6/3/4" envelopes    7.58