{news} FW: Resignation from EC

Kelly Mccarthy kelly.mccarthy at aya.yale.edu
Mon Dec 5 21:26:56 EST 2005

Letter of resignation sent to EC 11/29/05.
-------------------------

Greens,

Effective immediately, Aaron and I are resigning our positions as Co-Chairs
of the GPCT.

We can only say that we began our positions seven months ago with great
intentions, new plans and high hopes for the party-all of these have been
systematically crushed by the lack of member participation, petty infighting
between the other members of the SCC & Executive Committee, and the
perpetual and ridiculous inefficiencies of our organization.

Aaron & I only volunteered to run as Co-Chairs to help the Greens move
forward and actually work towards accomplishing some of the things that a
political party is supposed to be doing, but we have been met with
indifference at the best times, and rancor at the worst. We are truly
appalled by the lack of maturity, reason and integrity that passes for party
leadership.

Finally, speaking as a recent candidate (who lost a winnable municipal race
by a small margin), the lack of concern, preparation and support for viable
candidates from this organization is downright shameful. If one-tenth of our
energies were concentrated on the few feasible candidates we should be
running and the things we should be doing, then we might actually become a
respectable force for change-something we are no where near at the present
time.

We urge those who are interested in the common good to find some other
outlet, lest you lose your will to participate in our government and
communities. We are quitting the EC to do just that. Aaron will remain on as
the web master for ctgreens.org and will continue working to improve the
online communication tools available to the party.

Cheers,

Kelly McCarthy & Aaron Gustafson