{news} CHRO dismisses Amy's complaint

Charlie Pillsbury chapillsbury at igc.org
Sat Jan 29 12:20:56 EST 2005

This morning I went to the Post Office and signed for our copy of a certified letter dated 01/18/05 from the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities to Amy VasNunes.  The letter states:  "The complaint fails to state a claim for relief and should be dismissed because:  The complaint is untimely filed.  The incidents that the Complainant complained of (i.e., the outburst and Complainant's removal from the Committee) occurred in November 6, 2003.  The Complainant filed the instant complaint on August 9, 2004, 429 [?] days after the alleged incident occurred."

Aside from the fact that the CHRO cannot count, I think their decision still holds because I think that a CHRO complaint must be filed within 180 days of the alleged incident, which would have been early May 2004.  In any case, Amy has "fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of this letter" to request a reconsideration of CHRO's decision to dismiss her complaint for this reason.

Charlie Pillsbury
247 Saint Ronan Street
New Haven CT 06511
203-865-6575