{news} Fwd: Tonight in New London, Concert To Advocate Closing Of Millstone

Karin Lee Norton karinlee1 at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 2 13:25:10 EDT 2005

Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:29:07 -0400
To: (Recipient list suppressed)
From: CT Citizens Awareness Network <ctcan at comcast.net>
Subject: Concert To Advocate Closing Of Millstone

Come down to the Garde Arts Center in New London
for a concert and speeches aimed at raising
awareness around the issue of Millstone
discharging rad and chemical waste into the area
known as the "blending area". This area is also
known as Jordan Cove and Niantic Bay which are
lined with beaches.

  Do you get that....people are swimming, parents
are taking their babies to swim at the local town
beaches known in the nuclear industry as the
"blending area".  It is where the radioactive and
chemical waste "blend" with sea water.

Join us for music, speakers and some fun and to
show your support to having this issue addressed
in the light of public scrutiny instead of behind
closed doors with heavy influence from the
nuclear industry.

Oh...by the way....did you see or hear about the
National Academy Of Science's new BEIR VII report.
BEIR stands for Biological Effects of Ionizing
Radiation, and they finally came out saying that
there in NO safe dose of radiation. Every dose no
matter how small increases the chances of cancer.
Hummmmmmmm...I guess we shouldn't swim in blending areas.

Come to the concert, do your share, contribute to this cause for all of us.
sal
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

7 p.m. Saturday at the .

>From: NancyBurtonEsq at aol.com
>Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 06:32:51 EDT
>Subject: Concert - Today's New London Day
>

>Featured in <http://www.theday.com/eng/web/news/region.aspx>Region
>
>Concert To Advocate Closing Of Millstone
>
>Published on 7/1/2005
>
>New London— The Connecticut Coalition Against
>Millstone and the Connecticut Chapter of the
>Sierra Club will sponsor a concert by Emma's
>Revolution and Stefko, a New York City-based
>acoustic folk-rock singer-songwriter, at 7 p.m.
>Saturday at the Garde Arts Center.
>
>The concert is to promote the organizations'
>campaign for Clean Beaches — Close Millstone and
>to create a cleann energy future for Connecticut.
>
>Emma's Revolution includes Pat Humphries and
>Sandy O, whose music has been featured on
>National Public Radio's All Things Considered
>and Pacifica's Democracy Now! and whose songs
>Peace, Salaam, Shalom and Keep on Moving Forward
>are sung at vigils and demonstrations around the
>world.
>
>The evening also will feature other performers and speakers.
>
>Tickets are $20 for adults. Children under 12
>are free. Adults accompanied by a child under 12
>may buy a half-price ticket at the box office
>the night of the concert.
>

>© The Day Publishing Co., 2005
>For home delivery, please call 1-800-542-3354 Ext. 4700

Rosemary Bassilakis & Sal Mangiagli
Citizens Awareness Network
54 Old Turnpike Road
Haddam, CT 06438