{news} public discussion of Patriot Act; did your community pass anti-Patriot Act legislation?

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 8 23:21:19 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Don Marks
To: greens at ctgreens.org
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 12:14 AM
Subject: Patriot Action

Dear CT Green Party,

The Connecticut Chapter of the Progressive Democrats of America is sponsoring a public discussion of the Patriot Act on July 18 at Buckman Theater, Quinnipiac University.  Our featured speakers include Emanuel Margolis, the former Head of the CT ACLU, and C. William Michaels, author of No Greater Threat. We also hope to include representatives of CT communities who have successfully passed Patriot Act-free Zone legislation in their cities, as an example to attendees of action that can be undertaken. Additional information, including directions, may be found online at http://www.ctprogressives.org .

Whether you plan to attend the event or not, please check out the statewide petition online at http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/protexct .

Thank you very much,

Don Marks

30 Ballaro Drive