{news} Important--Chapter Reps Please Read!

Kelly McCarthy kelly.mccarthy at aya.yale.edu
Wed Jul 13 09:33:56 EDT 2005

Green Party of Connecticut Chapters,

We need you! After our second consecutive quorum-less meeting, it has come
to our attention that some of our Chapters may be inactive at this time and
others may just be failing to understand the importance of their
participation at the SCC. The Party is in a state of flux, and we have a
good many exciting developments eagerly waiting in the wings for their
chance to shine. But, in order for the GPC to accomplish any of these great
plans, Chapter Reps must attend the SCC meetings and our membership must be
involved in proposals, committees, campaigns and events.

It has been our general operating procedure to assume a Chapter is inactive
if they fail to represent themselves at two consecutive SCC meetings
(although our current by-laws are much more vague regarding participation
and require inactivity for a period of six months). We have two options
here: 1) either Chapters become more diligent, if they are indeed still
active, or 2) we adjust the number of active Chapters in their absence, in
order to achieve quorum (2/3 representation), and continue with business.

Not sure if your Chapter is active? Below you will find the complete list of
our Chapters and their current status. If your Chapter is on "probation" and
you are still an active Green Chapter, then please send a Rep to the next
SCC meeting to reinstate your Chapter to active status.

Thanks for your time. We hope to see you soon!

Cheers,

Kelly McCarthy - Co-Chair

GPC Executive Committee

83 Treadwell St. Hamden, CT 06517