{news} "Weapons of Mass Deception" Fri. 6/17 Unitarian Church Hamden

Charlie Pillsbury chapillsbury at igc.org
Wed Jun 1 17:35:10 EDT 2005

Dear Friends,
        I hope you will attend this event on June 17 in Hamden.  The film's director (Danny Schecter, "the news dissector") will be speaking, along with Scott Harris, Denise Manzari and Melinda Tuhus, producers of the syndicated Between The Lines Radio Newsmagazine.
Please pass it on, and I hope to see you there.
Peace, Charlie
---------------
You're invited to to a special screening of: "Weapons of Mass Deception"
A Film Documentary that Examines the Media's Role in Selling the Iraq War, followed by a discussion with "WMD Director Danny Schechter" on "How Our Media Undermines Democracy"
Squeaky Wheel Productions, distributors of the syndicated Between The Lines Radio Newsmagazine, will present a screening of the award-winning film, "Weapons of Mass Deception," which examines how America's corporate media sold the Iraq War instead of challenging the Bush administration's dubious rationale for the costly invasion and occupation. WMD film director Danny Schechter, an Emmy Award-winning former ABC 20/20 producer, will be on hand to discuss "How Our Media Undermines Democracy," immediately following the screening on Friday, June 17 at 7 p.m., at the Unitarian Society of New Haven, 700 Hartford Turnpike, Hamden, CT.
What they're saying about "Weapons of Mass Deception" . "Something of a comic masterpiece," writes Michael Wolf of Vanity Fair: "WMD is a devastating critique of the TV news networks' complacency and complicity in the Iraq War. A must see!" -- Chicago Reader

A reception with refreshments will follow the film and discussion, hosted by Scott Harris, Denise Manzari and Melinda Tuhus, producers of the syndicated Between The Lines Radio Newsmagazine.

For tickets, advance reservations and directions, call (203) 268-8446 or visit http://www.squeakywheel.net. Suggested contribution is $15 to benefit Squeaky Wheel Productions, a Connecticut-based nonprofit organization that distributes Between The Lines Radio Newsmagazine to 35 radio stations in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand - produced locally at WPKN Radio 89.5 in Bridgeport, CT.

View the trailer: Broadband: http://www.globalvision.org/wmd/trailer.mov (You must have Quicktime or Windows Media Player) or View a promo in Flash http://www.wmdthefilm.com/flash.html

Spread the word! Download a pdf of the WMD flyer! http://www.squeakywheel.net/SCHECHTER.pdf

--
Squeaky Wheel Productions, Inc.