{news} Fw: Al-Rowwad Children's Theater troupe schedule in CT: GPCT-Sponsored event

Justine McCabe justinemccabe at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 22 08:04:50 EDT 2005

Please attend this event co-sponsored by Greens Party of CT

 Final schedule Al Rowwad Children's Theater Connecticut appearances
presents
 the play "WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE CAMP"

 . Friday, June 24, 8 p.m., Housatonic Valley Regional High School, Warren
 Turnpike & Rt. 7, Town of Canaan (Falls Village), CT,  Performance of the
 play We Are the Children of the Camp  (tickets $10)

 . Saturday, June 25, 5:30 p.m Dabka (Palestinian Folk Dances), at 16th
 annual Grove Festival, Town Grove, Lakeville/Salisbury, CT. Free

 . Sunday, June 26, 2:30 p.m., Charter Oak Center, 21 Charter Oak, Hartford,
 CT`,  Performance of the play We Are the Children of the Camp  (tickets
$15,
 $8 children)

 . Sunday, June 26, 6 p.m. 138 Warren Turnpike Road, Falls Village, CT,
 Palestinian-American community invited for a potluck hosting of Al Rowwad
 Children's Theater group (others welcome but see below for other picnic
 opportunity). PLEASE RSVP by Saturday by email or message at 824-7636.

Monday, June 27, around 6 p.m. 138 Warren Turnpike Road, Falls Village,
 CT, a potluck open community picnic for the Al Rowwad Children's Theater
 group. This is a rare chance to meet a group of young (and not so young!)
 Palestinian actors for an evening of cultural exchange, food, fun,
 friendship and hope for a peaceful future. PLEASE RSVP by Saturday by email
 or message at 824-7636.

 Al Rowwad Children's Theater is a nonprofit, independent cultural center in
 Aida Refugee Camp in Bethlehem, Palestine, a six-acre area where 4,500
 people live. The children of Al Rowwad were born under military occupation
 and have lived their entire lives under military occupation.  We Are the
 Children of the Camp is a powerful reflection through drama, dance and
music
 of the violent reality of their lives and of their irrepressible and joyful
 hope for the future.

 Al Rowwad  U.S. Summer Tour 2005 is sponsored in Connecticut by the
 Palestine Right to Return Coalition, P.O. Box 1172,, Orange, CT  06477, a
 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization  and the Palestinian American Congress,
and
 The Middle East Crisis Committee. The tour is supported by Connecticut
 United for Peace, Connecticut Alliance for Peace in Palestine-Israel;
 Northwest Connecticut Coalition for Peace and Justice;  We Refuse to Be
 Enemies, Connecticut Council for National Interest. Connecticut If
Americans
 Knew (IfAmericansKnew.org), Greater New Haven Peace Council, Greater
Danbury
 Peace Activists, American Friends Service Committee, and the Green Party of
 Connecticut.