{news} Progresssive Film night returns! Funding to benifit GP office!

Tim McKee timmckee at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 21 12:37:54 EST 2005

Good News! March 21(- First Day of Spring!! )

After a long absence, the "Progressive Film Night and Discussion Series"  at the Green Party office in Hartford is returning!! With donation of a replacement TV for the office, we will soon start showing on a regular basis films, shorts, DVD and other programing of a "progressive" or "Green" nature on a every two weeks or so basis.

This equipment has been donated for the ENTIRE state party to use, either at the office or at other locations across the state which may help local chapter build their followings. If any local would like to use it, please contact me, Tim McKee (860) 643-2282 or Mike DeRosa to arrange to use the equipment, free of charge. (PS_ Mike's email has been down-so call him if need be!)

HOW YOU CAN HELP- We have several films available, but what would you like to see or YOU have to show?? Please let us know!

For example- I have a DVD "'OIL ON ICE" which show the ANWAR Arctic oil drilling controversy- which has really blown in the news- would this be something people would like to see? Tying into rising GAS prices and the energy issues!!

I also have a GM frankefood DVD to show- is that of interest?
Would people like a more popular main stream movie, such as a Moore's Far. 9-11?

Please let us know!

I think this is a good start to raise money for the office on a ongoing basis, and increase membership and interest in the Green Party.  Several other plans are also in the works to raise money for the office, including Ralph Nader speaking at the office in April!! (Details to be announced soon!) I feel we are turning the tide on past money issues and starting a real positive cycle and with YOU help we can do it!

Tim McKee
860-643-2282
Cell 860-324-1684