{news} (1)annual meeting Sun 4/17; (2)member lists needed by internal elections committee

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 31 02:05:45 EST 2005

     At the March SCC meeting, it was decided to have the Connecticut Green Party Annual Meeting on Sunday April 17.  It will take place in a location to be announced (quite possibly in New Haven) from 10am-2pm with a potluck lunch.  The officers of the CT Green Party--co-chairs, secretary, treasurer, US Green Party reps, and US Green Party rep alternate--are elected at the annual meeting.  In addition we will probably have speaker(s) to be announced.  SAVE THE DATE!
     I sent the chapters lists of registered Greens and asked them to check for changed addresses and also to add names of persons who are members of the CT Green Party (per the bylaws definition) but who are not registered Greens.  To date I have not received back corrected/added-to lists from most chapters.  At the March SCC meeting we decided that we will not be mailing ballots to all the CTGP members this year (largely because we don't have the funds to do this).  However the internal elections committee still needs these corrected lists.  We need the lists because we will be mailing ballots to people who contact us and ask for a ballot--to do this we will need to check that those people are CTGP members (per the bylaws definition).  We will also want to have the lists available at the annual meeting to be sure that people receiving ballots are entitled to receive them.
     If questions please contact me at  edubrule at sbcglobal.net or 860-523-4016.
--Ed DuBrule
secretary and member of internal elections committee