{news} New London results

Andy Derr amderr at ctol.net
Wed Nov 9 19:11:12 EST 2005

	Hello, folks.  We didn't win in New London yesterday, but we
came pretty close.

	Bob Stuller and Andy Derr got 1094 votes and 1186 votes
respectively, placing 13th and 10th out of 19 candidates for City
Council. The top 7 candidates were elected, and the #7 winner got
1319 votes, so we were both within 225 votes of getting elected.  Two
years ago we were 800 and 1000 votes from election.  Major progress!

	Ken Hanson placed 8th of 14 candidates in his race for Board
of Education; the top 7 candidates were elected.  He was 50 votes
short of election!  So close!  He received 1280 votes, over 550 more
than in 2003.  This one was a heartbreaker.

	This was by far our best campaign and our best finish!   Wait
till next time!  Can you tell I'm a Red Sox fan?  We'll post more
complete results on our <http://www.nlgreens.org/>web site as soon as
we can.

	Andy Derr, for the New London Greens