{news} Modified Consensus Workshop

Judith Herkimer jherkimer at snet.net
Mon Oct 31 12:46:55 EST 2005

Dear Greens,
If you refer back to the original proposal, it will help to clarify that the 11/13 workshop is a precursor to the "first step". This workshop is a Women's Caucus-sponsored event, and is being opened to observers in the spirit of MCP and because we're Green women.

There seems to be a lack of consideration and understanding towards the very busy workshop leaders who are coming from NY on a weekend for little to no compensation. They should not be asked to teach the rudimentary basics of MCP. They are being provided with as seasoned a group of MCP-experienced facilitators that the GPC has to offer.

There needs to be a starting point to satisfy the requirements of the proposal passed by the SCC. We believe the GPC Women's Caucus has created positive movement towards the initial GPC MCP training session(s), date yet to be determined.

Would it be great if there was adequate time and resources for everyone to fully participate? Yes.
Will there be other opportunities for training and participation under the outline of the GPC-WC proposal? Yes.
Would it be a wonderful if the WC could afford to feed everyone at no cost? Yes.
Would a more central location in CT allow for easier access by attendees? Yes. The location chosen is for the NY leaders' benefit.
Would we have more experienced MCP facilitators if others had historically volunteered?
Would it be sweet to experience some Green solidarity, hear some kind words of supportive appreciation (thanks Charlie) and less grumbling??

Allan, this is our third reassurance to you that the Women's Caucus will express to Lynne and Mark that observers be allowed as much participation as possible. As a courtesy, that decision will be left to the workshop teachers who are generously donating their time. Your agreeing to facilitate two recent SCC meetings (non-MCP) is acknowledged and appreciated.

The Women's Caucus looks forward to all the members who will attend this dynamic event. If you are unable to attend, you will still have the opportunity to submit written questions, details of which can be found in a final notice to be distributed shortly.

Best regards,
Judy Herkimer
for the Women's Caucus