{news} Fwd: Dept. of Peace needs your support!

Karin Lee Norton karinlee1 at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 15 00:02:43 EDT 2005

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:11:02 -0500 (CDT)
From: dia-unknown at democracyinaction.org
To: klnorton at greens.org
Subject: Dept. of Peace needs your support!

Dear Karin,

On September 14th, 2005, the long awaited U.S. Department of Peace
legislation will be introduced in the House of Representatives. The
Department of Peace will research, articulate and facilitate
nonviolent solutions to domestic and international conflict, while
also employing proven and effective strategies for reducing violence
both domestically and internationally. It is an important piece of
legislation that will, if enacted, go a long way towards changing how
our government approaches conflict internally and externally.

However, we need your support to help make the Department of Peace a
reality. We only have two days before this bill is reintroduced. It's
urgent that you contact your representative in the House and urge her
or him to support of this bill today!

<http://www.demaction.org/dia/organizations/Peaceact/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=1205>

TAKE ACTION NOW!

To write your Representative, click
<http://www.demaction.org/dia/organizations/Peaceact/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=1205>here.

What the Department of Peace will do:

-- Teach violence prevention and mediation to America's school children

-- Support our military with complementary approaches to ending violence

-- Create and administer a U.S. Peace Academy.

We need your help to show our elected officials that there is a broad
and growing movement to support the creation of a Dept. of Peace. We
must make it clear that we the people want our government to invest
in the structures and systems necessary to promote a culture of
nonviolence.

Support the Department of Peace by contacting your representative
<http://www.demaction.org/dia/organizations/Peaceact/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=1205>today!

Kevin Martin
Executive Director
Peace Action

TAKE ACTION NOW!

<http://www.demaction.org/dia/organizations/Peaceact/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=1205>Tell<http://www.demaction.org/dia/organizations/Peaceact/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=1205>Your
Representatives to Support Creating a Department of Peace!
<http://www.peace-action.org/>

<https://secure.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizations/Peaceact/shop/custom.jsp?donate_page_KEY=5>
<https://secure.democracyinaction.org/dia/organizations/Peaceact/shop/custom.jsp?donate_page_KEY=5>Click
here to get your WAR ISN'T WORKING bumper sticker

--
Karin Lee Norton