{news} Burton Lawsuit Over Archaeological Dig Also Settled

smderosa smderosa at cox.net
Wed Aug 2 18:49:22 EDT 2006

Dear David:

Once again the Courant prints that: "Nancy Burton, a disbarred attorney and
Green Party candidate for attorney general, sued Bellantoni in Superior
Court".  Since this is the not first article about this case in the Courant
to raise this issue about Nancy, I think they are trying to raise some
impropriety in her going to court. It is clear that the Courant has decided
to put Nancy Burton in the worst possible light by saying that she is
disbarred without making it clear that she has done nothing wrong by going
into court as a private citizen.

Perhaps you could argue that it is relevant to the article to mention her
status, but don't they have an obligation to inform the public that she is
not doing anything wrong, illegal, or unethical in pursuing a legal case as
a regular citizen?

I suppose there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Regards,
Mike DeRosa