{news} COURANT (snip of Nader visist)" Raising their Voices"

Green Party-CT greenpartyct at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 15:07:21 EDT 2006

In another development Wednesday, former presidential candidate Ralph Nader came to Hartford to criticize Lieberman as "the hermaphrodite of American politics - half Democrat, half Republican."

Despite his opposition to Lieberman, Nader will not be going to the polls Tuesday to vote for Lamont because Nader is an unaffiliated voter who refuses to switch his registration.

"I couldn't possibly stomach registering as a Democrat," Nader said.

Nader didn't venture to guess who would win Tuesday's primary, though he said Lamont appears to be winning where human energy and lawn signs are concerned. He chuckled at a question regarding whether he had any advice for Lieberman if he loses Tuesday's primary and runs as an independent.

"I welcome him to the third-party world," Nader said.