{news} CT GREENS WIN ONE! No Touch screen voting screens- paper ballots(optican scan)

Green Party-CT greenpartyct at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 14:22:11 EDT 2006

Thanks to all the hard work of CT VOTER, Mike deRosa and the Greens on this one!

  Conn.Secretary of the State Susan Bysiewicz announced today that her office has entered into a contract with LHS Associates of Massachusetts to provide optical scan technology to replace lever voting machines across the state.

“As our office considered possible new voting technologies, the principles of security, accessibility and reliability guided our decision-making. We heard from thousands of citizens, academics, and advocacy groups concerned about the pitfalls of touch-screen voting technology. Touch-screen technology, in its current state of development, is simply is not ready for ‘prime time’ herein Connecticut.” Secretary Bysiewicz said.