{news} Internal Elections

Jean de Smet JeandeSmet at galaxyinternet.net
Sun Feb 12 17:41:10 EST 2006

Please notify as many of your chapter members as possible that Elections to
State Green Offices will be held on March 26.  All members are encouraged to
run for office.

The following one-year positions are available:

Three CO-CHAIRS.  Both genders must be represented

Two Representatives and one alternate for REPRESENTATIVE to the GREEN PARTY
of the UNITED STATES

One SECRETARY

One TREASURER

To be included in the mailing announcing the elections, nominations or
candidacies must be announced prior to or at the February 28th, 2006 State
Central Committee meeting.

Please contact:

Jean de Smet

39 Davis St.

Willimantic, CT  06226

860 456-2188

JeandeSmet at galaxyinternet.net

Please also note that there are openings on the Internal Elections Committee
for anyone who would like to participate.  We will also need volunteers to
count the ballots at the Annual Meeting.

This will be an important convention, because we will be considering
candidates for Statewide and Federal Offices as well.  To my knowledge, the
following candidates would like our endorsement: Cliff Thornton for
Governor; Nancy Burton for Attorney General, Ralph Ferrucci for State Rep.

Jean