{news} Cultivating an Organic Connecticut Conference

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:31:55 EST 2006

http://www.ctnofa.org/events/conference.htm

Annual Cultivating an Organic Connecticut Conference
March 11, 2006 - Windsor High School - 8:30 am to 4:45 pm

Welcome to CT NOFA’s annual Cultivating an Organic Connecticut Conference,
formally the End of Winter Conference. We’re glad you’ve decided to join our
growing community of farmers, gardeners, organic land care professionals,
businesses, and food lovers for this celebration of organic living in
Connecticut.

We’re excited to introduce a number of new features this year, including two
event sponsors. New Morning Natural and Organic in Woodbury, CT is a retail
store dedicated to local and organic food. They are long-time NOFA
supporters and we’re thrilled to have their help in making this event
possible.

Sterling Planet is our second sponsor and the nation’s leading renewable
energy retailer. In addition to their financial sponsorship, they will
“power our event” by donating to the regional grid renewably-generated
electricity equivalent to our day’s usage .

In addition to a rousing keynote address from James Howard Kunstler, we’re
offering more workshops than ever this year. There are over 30 workshops on
farming, gardening, land care, alternative energy, political action, and
cooking. You’ll also find roomy new accommodations for our cooking classes
in the culinary arts classroom and for some hands-on workshops in the auto
shop classroom.

Enjoy the food, the friends, and our positive vision for the future!

Jennifer Brown
Conference Coordinator