{news} Thornton for Gov. updates- and brainstorms

Green Party-CT greenpartyct at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 16:35:33 EST 2006

  Folks,

  We are brainstorming about a press conference on Monday Jan. 16 ( Martin Luther King. JR. holiday) announcing Cliff Thornton's run for Governor at the State Capitol at possibly 10 am.

  We are also thinking of a speech and small fundraiser at the Hartford Office on New Britain, with music and finger food and a Cliff speaking. Possibly 6 pm and a 7 pm speech. (Early enough for some to get back home, but some may stay for long conversations)

  Any comments? comments of times?

  We still need a treasurer!! ( this is a behind the scene job.)

  Tim McKee
  Thornton for Governor campaign manager
  860-643-2282

      THE GREEN PARTY OF CONNECTICUT is the third largest political party in CT. The Greens are also the third largest political party in the US, with 220 Greens officeholders in 27 states. Over 80 countries in world have Green Parties. Wangari Maathai, the 2004 winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, is Kenya's assistant minister for environment and an elected Green Party member.