{news} ( ACTION)"token challenge from young Green Party candidate Ralph Ferrucci, "

Kenneth Humphrey kumfry at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 10:54:41 EST 2006

      I guess many who get the Courant will have
noticed that suddenly Jingo/Corprate/Holy Joe
Lieberman is trying to remake his image by attempting
to show his differences with the Bush regime.
Lieberman is publicized by his mesmerized promoter
David Lightman, the Courant's Washington man, as
'leading the effort to get the Bushies to cooperate
with the investtigation over what happened when
Katrina hit'. This is typical Lieberman opportunism
and phoniess, and exactly how, with major help from
the Courant and other Connecticut media, Lieberman
manages to bamboozle unalert voters into thinking he's
'on their side' when he's actually catering to
corporate interests at the expense of the people's
(and his constituents') interest.

      When Joe ran in 1988 he was totally supportive
of the Contras-Reagan's 'Freedom Fighters' while
Weicker was outspoken against the Contras and Reagan's
complicity with brutality and murder by the rightwing
regimes in Central America. And Lieberman rabidly
savaged, with one big point being that Weicker was on
the go in his quizotic campaign for president, and
failing to serve his constitutents. Lieberman also had
the enthusiastic support of the Buckleys and Tom Scott
and Republicans in general, who knew that Lieberman
was way to the right of Weicker. And the Republicans
have been very content with Joe ever since. In 2000
they had no problem letting the already shaky mayor of
Waterbury become the GOP opponent to Joe. And the GOP
has really made no serious attempt to run a serious
candidate against Joe since 1988. And it will be the
same this year, in fact, I can even see the GOP
running JOe if Joe should lose or show signs of losing
a Dem primary. Referring back to Joe's savaging
Weicker over never being on the job and not serving
his constituents, we wxperienced Phony Joe
disappearing for weeks while he ran his quizotoc
primary campaign for the presidency. He was far worse
as an absentee than Weicker ever was.

       Nope, the key fact about Joe Lieberman is that
he's a hawk of hawks, totally subservient to rightwing
Israel's bellicose policies in the Middle East and
brutal intransigence in dealing with the occupied
Palestinians, and completely DLC, and the
corporate/Wall Street's man and not yours and mine. He
has a very superslick promotional setup and is the
worst sort of rank opportunist. This zilch of a
Senator badly needs to get booted out of office.
Better he makes an honest man of himself and join up
with his rightwing GOP friends as one of them. As has
been noted, Joe has long been Dino Joe, Democrat In
Name Only.

       Ken Humphrey