{news} Minutes from the 7-10-06 EC meeting of CTGP in Willimantic, CT

B Barry roseberry3 at cox.net
Wed Jul 26 01:03:03 EDT 2006

Minutes from the 7-10-06 EC meeting of CTGP in Willimantic, CT

El Palenque Restaurant, 1172 Main Street, Willimantic, CT ,   06226   Phone:
860-423-6011   7PM to 9PM

Attendees: Co-chairpersons: Jean deSmet from Northeast Chapter, Mike DeRosa,
Greater Hartford Chapter;

Treasurer, Christopher Reilly, Greater Hartford, Secretary, Barbara Barry
and Ken Krayeske, paid campaign

coordinator.     Absent: Michael Westerfield who was out-of-state.

1.       Discuss/review/refine our petition drive for our state-wide
candidates: KK: have 8601 signed petitions;

Have been reviewed 1090 and certified 800. Suggest maintaining our goal of
13, 000 to 15,000 signatures.

2.	Status of current CTGP candidates: KK: New London Chapter will not
endorse a candidate for the

2nd Congressional District.  Richard Duffee will be requesting the
endorsement of the Fairfield Chapter to

run as a candidate in the 4th Congressional District.   KK: I believe that
he should not run and will tell

Fairfield Chapter  at their 7-11-06 convention of my concerns that it would
hurt the Democratic candidate, Diane Farrell.

      Jean/Barbara/Chris and Mike: we hear your recommendation as a paid
campaign coordination.

However: per CTGP bylaws and procedures, if a person comes forward seeking
to run as a CTGP

candidate, and if the appropriate CTGP chapter endorses said candidate after
vetting him/her, and if the state CTGP also endorses said candidate, then
that person can run as a CTGP candidate. Therefore, we will allow the
Fairfield Chapter to decide if they wish to endorse Richard Duffee,

as a candidate for the 4th Congressional District seat.

       KK: Betsy Reina is unable to run for lt. governor.

       Events: KK: Cliff Thornton has almost daily events.  Mike: please
arrange/provide the option for all the state-wide candidates to be at as
many of these events, as possible.  Please contact all the candidates to
allow the opportunity for our state-wide candidates to participate in
events, if possible.

       KK: will be available for paid campaign work after the petitioning
drive while he goes to law school full time.

3. Potential financial support for CTGP candidates: Fundraisers: a) Ralph
Nader has agreed to participate in 2 fundraisers: one in July or August and
the other in September or October.  b) Steve Fournier has agreed to do 1 or
2 fundraisers at his Hartford home: one of which might be a pizza/beer
party.

4.	CTGP website status: Chris Reilly had done the face page and will
continue to be webmaster with

Michael Westerfield.   Information/people interested in CTGP from the GPUS
website is passed along to Ed Dubrule. Ed then disburses that information to
the appropriate person: CTGP treasurer or

Secretary or current CTGP co-webmasters: Christopher Reilly and Michael
Westerfield.

KK:  Chris Nelson or someone in New London may want to keep this central
database list of people

interested in the CTGP.  Chris will need $400 to get the software to do this
on his Mac computer. The chapters will need to provide this central contact
with a list of such people who a) work as contacts with other organizations;
b) work only during campaigns; c) only work on election day;  d) people who
will carry petitions; e) donors;  etc.

5.	CT Green Times newspaper status: Mike: 2 articles have been
submitted.  I still need articles from all

our candidates and from our paid campaign coordinator. Also need articles
from chapters about their positions/concerns.  Mike: estimated date it will
be going to publisher and availability for distribution: as soon

as I get the articles. Distribution will remain with Albert Marceau.

6.	Treasurer's report from Christopher Reilly: sent the 2nd quarter
report to the CT Secretary of State via

paper and will return to electronic reporting.  $1000/week salary to Ken
Krayeske is from CTGP monies.

7.	ACLU lawsuit regarding the 2005 CT  "campaign finance reform"  law:
Mike: was announced at press conference last week.

8.	Agenda for 7-25-06 SCC meeting: similar to 6-06 SCC meeting. Mike to
contact Vic Lancia regarding

      getting the Portland Library for SCC meeting.