{news} Single Payer Bill Passed by Human Services Committee and Sent to Appropriataions Committee

John Battista riverbend2 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 19 10:07:55 EST 2006

Many thanks for lobbying the Human Services Committee on behalf of the single payer health care bill, SB-482.  It was passed by the Human Services Committee 9 to 4 with one abstention and 3 members absent.  The bill has been sent to the Appropriations Committee for consideration.  I am seeking additional information about whether the Appropriations Committee will hold another public hearing on SB 482 or simply vote on it.  I will get back to you once I have found out.  In the mean time it certainly would be helpful to lobby the Appropriations Committee on behalf of SB 482 which would "establish a single-payer health care system that will provide high quality, universal health care coverage to every resident of the state."

John Battista