{news} RE: State Conventions Times and date, location?

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 26 01:27:07 EST 2006

At the Feb. SCC meeting, we set the annual convention for Saturday, April
22, in New Haven.  It will probably be at Southern CT State University, but
we are waiting for Colin Bennett to confirm the reservation.  The
alternative is the Labor Hall, where we held it last year.  The time, if as
last year, would be 11 am social hour, 12 noon start of business.  Jean, can
you confirm this?

In addition to the election of party officers, this year we will also vote
on endorsement of candidates for statewide public office.  At the Feb. SCC
meeting, a proposal from the Elections Committee was passed, to consider the
following candidates at the April 22 meeting:

Governor:  Clifford Thornton
Attorney General:  Nancy Burton
Secretary of the State:  Mike DeRosa
State Treasurer:  David Bue
U.S. Senator:  Ralph Ferrucci

Approval requires a two thirds majority of the Representatives present at
the convention.