{news} 3rd Thursday Street Fest: May 18

NECT Greens nectgreens at hotmail.com
Sat May 13 17:57:32 EDT 2006

The CT Greens have reserved a table for the statewide candidates to campaign
for election at Willimantic's 3rd Thursday Street Fests.

The Fests run monthly from May-October, 6-9 pm in the Historic Downtown
section of Willi.  Between 5,000-10,000 people attend each Fest to eat great
ethnic foods, listen to 7 stages with music, and browse vendors and
merchants and...information booths like ours!

May 18th, from 6-9 pm, we need help staffing a table at this fun event.
Help us for an hour, and enjoy yourself for the other 2 hours!

At the Green Convention, we endorsed a great slate to run in statewide
elections:  Cliff Thornton for Governor, Nancy Burton for Attorney General,
Mike DeRosa for Sectary of State, David Bue for State Treasurer and Ralph
Ferrucci for US Senate.

We need to get thousands of signatures on petitions to get our candidates on
the ballot.  There will be a wonderful opportunity to introduce the Green
Party and our candidates at the 3rd Thursday Fests.

Please contact JeandeSmet at galaxyinternet.net for more information, or to let
us know that you can be there!

Thanks