{news} Thornton Wins Griswold Elementary School Poll!

ken krayeske ken at votethornton.com
Fri Nov 3 10:53:54 EST 2006

Thornton for Governor
For Immediate Release
Nov. 3, 2006
For more information, contact Ken Krayeske, 860-995-5842

THORNTON WINS GRISWOLD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MOCK ELECTION!

CT Green Nancy Burton wins Attorney General race!

Hartford _ The Griswold Elementary School poll has predicted Election
Day upsets before, and while Cliff Thornton's 3-to-1 margin of victory
over incumbent Gov. M. Jodi Rell in the Griswold poll is unlikely to be
repeated on Nov. 7, Thornton is nonetheless elated that young citizens
of Griswold chose him.

"I am thrilled that the fourth and fifth graders of Griswold Elementary
thought I had the best solutions for the future of the state of
Connecticut," Thornton said. "This bodes well for the future of the
Connecticut Green Party. In just seven short years, these young people
will be actual voters, and they will be ready to vote for change in the
state. It is good that at such a young age, they are sophisticated
enough to know honesty and integrity."

Thornton was the second highest vote getter with 104, just behind Judge
of Probate candidate George Kennedy with 108. Students also elected
Green Nancy Burton as attorney general, Democrat Ned Lamont for U.S.
Senate and Republican Rob Simmons for Congress.

Enrichment Teacher Russell Salvador, who runs the candidate forum and
mock election, emailed the results out this morning.

"I remind you that we have accurately predicted upsets before," Salvador
wrote.

Thornton was the only gubernatorial candidate to show up at the forum,
held on Tuesday, Oct. 17. This has been the case most of the election
season, where Gov. Rell has shunned multi-party events on the campaign
trail, and Democratic challenger Mayor John DeStefano in turn has
avoided appearing with Thornton. Rell received 32 votes in the mock
contest, DeStefano earned 9, and Concerned Citizens' candidate Joseph
Zdonczyk garnered 6 votes.

The students are looking out for their future, Thornton said.

"This shows we earned the respect of these young people," Thornton said.
"This is a building block for the Connecticut Green Party, and it
predicts that if not this year, in the future, the Greens will come to
dominate Nutmeg state politics."

-30-
--

Peace,

Ken Krayeske

Campaign Manager

Thornton for Governor

P.O. Box 1971

Manchester, CT 06045

www.votethornton.com

860-995-5842

*This message is paid for and approved by Thornton for Governor, Max
Wentworth, Treasurer*