{news} more info on guest lecture inquiry

edubrule edubrule at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 26 11:13:57 EST 2006

Yesterday I posted that a guest lecturer was sought.  Here is more information as to what is being sought.  As I said in yesterday's post, if you can supply ideas for a guest lecturer, please forward that information to me and I will forward your e-mail to the inquirer.  (I've apologized to the inquirer for a long delay in my response to him;  I should have done this work a long time ago.)
--Ed
The course I teach at WCSU (as an Adjunct) is entitled: "World Government, Cultures & Economies".

Three of the books we're using are: The Culture Struggle by Michael Parenti
                                                         The Clash of Civilizations by Samuel Huntington
                                                         Globalization and its Discontents by Joseph Stiglitz

It is an introductory political science course wherein we have to cover a lot of subjects, primarily international relations and international economics within our ever corporate driven globalized world.

So in an effort to spice up the subject matter and make it relevant to our current lives, I was looking for a Guest Lecturer who could comfortably discuss the relationship between international economics and the Iraq war.

... know some one in or near the Danbury, CT area who would be interested then have them contact me ...

Our class meets M&W 330-445pm in Room ... on the WCSU White Street campus near downtown Danbury...a block and a half away from the MetroNorth Danbury station and about a half mile from the I-84 highway (take Exit 5).   Best time to guest lecture would be this week or next week.