{news} Re: Please vote yes on GPUS prop. 247

Justine McCabe justinemccabe at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 4 21:17:46 EDT 2006

Thanks for your response Charlie.

Clearly, you are entitled to your view on this though I happen to disagree with you, including the issue of balance.

But  my concern--no, complaint--here relates to your role as an elected  representative of the Greens in CT to the GPUS National Committee, and in that role you bear a responsibility to 1) share National Committee news with us, most especially proposals coming up for votes; and 2) solicit the views of your constituents on these proposals.

In this case, neither you nor Tim informed us of this (or most any other) proposal, and didn't solicit our opinions on it.  Rather you chose to vote on this privately and as you say, informed by your perspective as a mediator.

I only learned of the proposal yesterday from a representative from another state. As far as I know, I am the only person to express her opinion on this issue on the GPCT listserv.

I repeat my earlier requests that you and Tim inform us of GPUS national business especially upcoming proposals/votes and seek our imput on them.

Many thanks,
Justine