{news} First Sustainable Connecticut Expo - Sat., Sept. 9, New Haven

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 8 01:57:28 EDT 2006

From: CTEnvLeader@ yahoogroups.com
On Behalf Of Bob Wall
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 9:11 AM
Subject: First Sustainable Connecticut Expo - Sat., Sept. 9, New Haven

Please pass this message around to your members and friends:

Hello all

I wanted to let you know about a special event happening next weekend in
New Haven - the inaugural "SUSTAINABLE CONNECTICUT EXPO." This event is
intended to help people take steps in their individual lives as well as
in a broader social context to address issues like Global Warming, resource
depletion and toxic pollutants in our air, land and water.

SUSTAINABLE CONNECTICUT EXPO
WHERE: EDGERTON PARK, NEW HAVEN
WHEN: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2006 NOON- 7:00 PM

BACKGROUND: This year, the New Haven Folk Festival will proudly host the
first "SUSTAINABLE CONNECTICUT EXPO" in historic Edgerton Park (near
Cliff St. and Whitney Ave. at the New Haven-Hamden border.) The Expo will
feature vendors and exhibitors that will provide ideas, products and
services to
help Connecticut citizens to reduce their carbon footprint and move
toward more sustainable lifestyles. There will be tables featuring nearly 40
environmental organizations, state agencies and businesses relating to
energy, transportation, food and water, waste reduction, residential
living and Education for a Sustainable World.

The Festival will feature free music and family fun in the park from
Noon until 4 PM The Folk Village will also include Rainbow Circus, crafts
and
food vendors. At 4 PM, the park will be cleared and at 4:30 PM, gates
will open for the Main Stage Concert which includes Bruce Cockburn, Elisa
Gilkyson and others. (In the event of rain, nearby Wilbur Cross High
School (181 Mitchell Drive, New Haven), which has a well-appointed
auditorium
and ample corridor space, will serve as the venue.) Full details on this
year's event may be found at http://www.ctfolk.com/nhff/info.html

Please contact me if you have any questions. We hope to see you there!
Thanks.

Bob
Robert B. Wall
New England Regional Director