{news} Fwd: [VoteThornton] Shut out!

Green Party-CT greenpartyct at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 16:49:23 EDT 2006

ken krayeske <ken at votethornton.com> wrote:  To: Clifford Thornton <votethornton at yahoogroups.com>,
CTGP-elections at yahoogroups.com
From: ken krayeske <ken at votethornton.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:34:12 -0400
Subject: [VoteThornton] Shut out!

        On. Sept 1, 2006, Gov. M. Jodi Rell's campaign said that the Governor
"strongly believes that Mr. Thronton deserves a place in any debate."

On Sept. 22, 2006, Gov. M. Jodi Rell's campaign announced that Cliff
Thornton would not be included in gubernatorial debates. Campaign
manager Kevin Deneen said the Democrats did not want the Greens to
participate. Derek Slap, the spokesman for DeStefano, said that it was
the Republicans fault.

They both lied. Clear as day.

The Thornton for Governor campaign and all the people it represents has
been effectively shut out of the debates. And not only that, they did it
on a Friday so it runs in the least read news cycle.

We are calling on all Green Party members and sympathizers to contact
their state elected officials, the Rell campaign (860) 232-7355, the
DeStefano campaign (203) 752-0545 and all newspapers to protest this
injustice.

We are formulating plans to determine what our next approach should be.
We will not take this sitting down, but we want to be sure that we use
this moment to unite people and not divide people or be seen as radical
outsiders.

This is a travesty to democracy, and we need to use this to our advantage.

Thank you all for your continued support, and I implore and urge you to
voice your discontent with this decision, as soon as possible.

--

Peace,

Ken Krayeske

Campaign Director

Thornton for Governor

P.O. Box 1971

Manchester, CT 06045

860-995-5842

*This message is paid for and approved by Thornton for Governor, Max
Wentworth, Treasurer*

__._,_.___   Messages in this topic (1) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

    Visit Your Group

   Campaign and election
   American politics

      Yahoo! News
  Odd News
  You won't believe
  it, but it's true

    Yahoo! TV
  "The 9"
  Daily count down
  of top Web finds.

    Yahoo! Groups
  Start a group
  in 3 easy steps.
  Connect with others.

  .

    Tim McKee cell (860) 778-1304 or (860) 643-2282 Cliff Thornton for Governor- Campaign Manager-
    National Committee Member of the Green Party(Connecticut)

  Paid for by Thornton For Governor, Max Wentworth, Treasurer-   www.VoteThornton.com
  email: info at votethornton.com