{news} Fwd: Party Green with Black 47 to Support Malachy McCourt!

Green Party-CT greenpartyct at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 15:40:32 EDT 2006

Green Party of the United States <office at gp.org> wrote:  Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:28:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: Green Party of the United States <office at gp.org>
To: greenpartyct at yahoo.com
Subject: Party Green with Black 47 to Support Malachy McCourt!

Black 47 Rocks the Mic. for Green Gov. Candidate Malachy McCourt

"When I first came to New York in the 70's Malachy opened the doors of the Bells of Hell for me and gave me a place to play. All down the years he's supported every progressive cause, and it's a rare picket line I haven't seen him on" -Larry Kirwin, Black 47

Larry Kirwan, leader of Black 47, the politically charged Irish-American rock group, is organizing the Rock `n' Read benefit for his friend and comrade, Malachy McCourt. The evening will begin at 7pm with short readings from prominent writers and actors mixed with songs and pieces from musicians and poets. Black 47 will finish off the night with a full set, much of which will be devoted to their critically acclaimed album, New York Town - "a tale of the city before and after 9/11."

Now it's time for the city to give back to this remarkable, principled and compassionate man. To that end we're throwing a hooley for him that will feature people like composer & Bells of Hell regular, David Amram, a collaborator with Kerouac and the Beats, all the way forward through TJ English, author of "The Westies", to Black 47 and its many contributors. More writers and musicians are being added daily. We're keeping the contribution down to a handy $20 so that almost anyone can attend. Malachy has always been there for us, now it's our time to step up to the plate for him." Larry Kirwan.

WHAT: Fundraiser for Malachy McCourt for Governor
WHEN: Thursday, September 28 at 7pm (Doors open 6:30pm)
WHERE: Connolly's Pub at 121 W. 45th Street @ 6th Avenue
212-597-5126 (Trains: N,Q,R,W,F,D,1,2,3,7,A,C,E Path to Times Square)

WHO:
- Music by Black 47, David Amram, Christine Ohlman, Ashley Davis, more to be announced
- Readings by TJ English, Ann Maguire, Rosemary Fine, Carolyn Hughes, Fidelma Murphy, Chris Kelly, Larry Kirwan, Carmel Quinn, more to be announced
- Words by Malachy McCourt

www.votemalachymccourt.org
www.gp.org
www.black47.com
/*Your email ID. --*/

    Tim McKee cell (860) 778-1304 or (860) 643-2282 Cliff Thornton for Governor- Campaign Manager-
    National Committee Member of the Green Party(Connecticut)

  Paid for by Thornton For Governor, Max Wentworth, Treasurer-   www.VoteThornton.com
  email: info at votethornton.com