{news} Ask Nancy Pelosi to impeach: Thurs 8/9 in Stamford

bedell_98 dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 6 13:11:25 EDT 2007

CT Impeachment Movement - http://www.ctimpeach.org

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi will be in Stamford on Thursday
August 9 at a fundraiser for Congressman Chris Murphy (5th District).
We have a police permit to demonstrate for the impeachment of Bush and
Cheney, and we will present Pelosi with petitions for impeachment.

The rally will be 12:00 noon - 1:30 PM on the sidewalk outside Il
Falco restaurant, 59 Broad Street, Stamford, 2 doors east of Target
and across the street from UConn. (Parking at Target, on Washington
Blvd south of Broad, and at the UConn parking lot on Washington Blvd.
north of Broad.) WE NEED PEOPLE, SLOGANS, SIGNS, PRESS COVERAGE,
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR, AND PETITIONS.

We should aim to have more people outside protesting than there are
inside eating and contributing to Chris Murphy's campaign chest.

Come to a planning meeting tonight, Monday, at 7pm, at Sal Liccione's
apartment, 14D Post Road East, Westport, directly across from and
facing the Westport Library, and above the lighting fixture store.

Whether or not you can attend Thursday's rally in Stamford, please
call members of the Democratic State Central Committee (DSCC) and urge
them to support the impeachment resolution which will be introduced at
their meeting in Hartford September 26. You can look up your local
representatives by entering your town at http://www.ctdems.org

The CT Green Party and the National Green Party have already endorsed
impeachment--let's ask the Democrats to follow our lead!

To get involved with the CT Impeachment Movement, send an email to
ctimpeach-subscribe at yahoogroups.com or visit http://www.ctimpeach.org