{news} Cynthia McKinney & Ralph Ferrucci 7pm Mon. 8/27

Charlie Pillsbury chapillsbury at igc.org
Sun Aug 19 12:33:48 EDT 2007

Friends:  Allie and I are hosting a fundraiser for both Cynthia McKinney and
Ralph Ferrucci from 7-9pm on Monday August 27 at 247 St. Ronan Street.

Cynthia McKinney is a former Democratic congresswoman from Georgia,
outspoken critic of the Bush administration and potential candidate for the
2008 Green Party nomination for President.  I have asked Cynthia to speak
about her documentary "Amercan Blackout", the story of the suppression of
the black vote in Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004.

There is no admission charge; no contribution to anyone is necessary.  I am
asking folks, however, to bring their checkbooks, as we will be making a
pitch for both Cynthia to help her retire her debt from her 2006
congressional campaign (as a Democrat).

In Ralph's case, I will be asking for $25 donations from residents of New
Haven to help him obtain matching funds from the Democracy Fund, New Haven's
pioneering municipal election public financing experiment.

See you then, Charlie

Please RSVP:  865-6575 or  <mailto:chapillsbury at igc.org>
chapillsbury at igc.org