{news} Cynthia McKinney in Willimantic 8/26

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 00:33:19 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Jean de Smet
To: j.desmet at att.net
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 10:26 PM
Subject: A Feisty Lady

Someone described Cynthia McKinney, former Democratic Congresswoman from Georgia, as a "Feisty Lady."  I'm thinking that's a good thing.  I think that you'd agree.

Like to meet her in person?  You have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity this week.

Cynthia McKinney will speak at the Main Street Café in Willimantic on Sunday August 26th at 7 pm.  She's a very dynamic speaker with a lot to say.  You will get to hear her and ask her questions, up close and personal.  We hope to follow with a showing of the film "American Blackout" which explains what happened in the Florida and Ohio national elections.

Ms. McKinney is a great speaker on any number of topics. She speaks from her experience as a legislator, exposing some of the inner workings of Congress; defense contractors and their contracts and what the money is actually spent on (setting up whorehouses, for example); Katrina and Rita-what happened and is happening; impeachable offenses; the Palestinian/Israeli conflict; disenfranchising black voters in FL and OH.  She was our consistent, and lonely, anti-war voice in Congress.  And is a courageous woman of color.

Ms. McKinney's speaking tour is intended to retire her campaign debt (only $16,000, but less by then).  And to help fundraise for my First Selector race in Willimantic (hey, I could use about $16,000, too!)  I ask that you bring your check book with 2 checks, please?  Politics are great, but they do cost money.  You will get your money's worth on Sunday.

Since seating is limited, we'd appreciate an RSVP?  We may need to move to a larger location.  This event is by invitation only due to space limitations.  You are the first wave of invitations.   I won't send press out until later in the week, and only if there is still room.  There is no charge, only a request for donations.

Don't miss this chance to be with 2 feisty ladies in one night!

Jean

If you can't be there, but want to be inspired:  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=332622179870559068

Then contribute at:

http://supporters.cynthiaforcongress.com/a26Willimantic/supporters.cgi

and also send a check to:  Jean de Smet for First Selector, 36 Patriot Road, Windham, CT  06280

I don't know what the legal requirements are for using my own email, but:  I do endorse this message and it was not paid for by Jean de Smet for Selector, Tom McNally, Treasurer.