{news} Read the Names of the Dead, Friday 2/16

Charlie Pillsbury chapillsbury at igc.org
Thu Feb 1 22:05:48 EST 2007

Subject: Read the Names of the Dead, Friday 2/16

This is a proposal to activists throughout the state of CT to confront
members of Congress with the consequences of their failure to bring an end
to the war in Iraq. Over the past two months, a group has vigiled in front
of Rep. Rosa DeLauro's office in New Haven, reading the names of CT military
killed in Iraq, and the names of those murdered in New Haven last year. Our
demand has been "to cut off funds to stop the killing in Iraq and use those
funds to stop the killing at home."

On Friday, February 16, we propose that there be a similar vigil in front of
the CT office of each member of Congress in CT, senators and
representatives. Groups which form to organize each presence could adapt the
materials on the attached list for their own particular situation.

Please contact

Charlie Pillsbury <chapillsbury at igc.org> or

Henry Lowendorf <grnhpeacecouncil at sbcglobal.net>

with your responses and questions.

Senator Christopher J. Dodd (D-CT)

Main District Office:
   100 Great Meadow Rd.
    Wethersfield, CT 06109

        Phone: (860) 258-6940

Senator Joseph I. Lieberman (I-CT)

Main District Office:
   1 Constitution Plz., 7th Fl.
    Hartford, CT 06103

        Phone: (860) 549-8463

John B. Larson (D-CT 1st)

Main District Office:
   221 Main St., 2nd Fl.
   Hartford, CT 06106

        Phone: (860) 278-8888

Congressman Joe Courtney (D-CT-2nd)

Main District Office:
   2 Courthouse Sq., 5th Fl.
       Norwich, CT 06360

        Phone: (860) 886-0139

Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro (D-CT 3rd)

Main District Office:
   59 Elm St.
      New Haven, CT 06510

        Phone: (203) 562-3718

Congressman Christopher Shays (R-CT 4th)

Main District Office:
   10 Middle St., 11th Fl.
Bridgeport, CT 06604

        Phone: (203) 579-5870

Congressman Christopher S. Murphy (D-CT 5th)

Main District Office:
   1 Grove Street
  New Britain, CT 06053

        Phone: (860) 223-8412

Friends: Please forward.  Thanks.

We will gather again this Fri. Feb. 2 at noon in front of 59 Elm Street
(where Rosa DeLauro's local office is located), read names of those killed
in New Haven and in Iraq from 12:15-12:45pm, and finish by 1:00pm - to urge
Congress to cut off funds to stop the killing in Iraq and use those funds to
stop the killing at home.

Please contact me if you would like to read names tomorrow in front of
Representative DeLauro's office.  And please brings signs and banners.

peace, salaam, shalom, charlie

Charlie Pillsbury
247 Saint Ronan Street
New Haven CT 06511
203-865-6575
 <mailto:chapillsbury at igc.org> chapillsbury at igc.org

p.s. We also will continue this vigil on Friday Feb. 16, when we hope to be
joined by other vigils at other local political offices around the State.