{news} 2/25 Solar Energy talk in E Hartford

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 20:28:06 EST 2007

Gerry is a Green Party member from Stamford.  For a printable event poster,
visit http://www.SolarEnergyOfCT.org

The Solar Energy Association of Connecticut invites you to
A Seminar and Discussion Meeting on

"Practical, Innovative Solar Energy Systems"
for Electricity, Heat, and Hot Water

Sunday, February 25, 2007 ( 1:30 PM )
East Hartford Public Library
840 Main Street, East Hartford, Connecticut

featuring a presentation by
Gerald Falbel
President, Optical Energy Technologies, Inc.; Experienced Solar Energy
Designer/Engr from the 70’s

Gerald Falbel has designed solar energy systems starting in the 1970’s. The
practical solar energy systems designed in the 1970’s were mainly Solar
Thermal systems. At that time, Gerald Falbel designed and manufactured a
system with an innovative, concentrating solar collector. Since then he has
designed different types of systems -- PV Solar Electric systems as well as
combined solar electric and solar thermal systems. In this seminar, he will
discuss both solar electric and solar thermal systems, in terms of selected
examples.

His presentation will focus on three different applications. First – a 100%
Solar-heated house, which provides all heating and hot-water needs, and part
of the electricity needs, from solar energy. The second will be Falbel’s
most recent invention -- the pyramid optic concentrator, which can form the
basis for a combined solar electric system and a solar thermal domestic hot
water system. The third part of the presentation will outline a global
scheme for large-scale utilization of solar energy, and point out the
accompanying political and economic questions.

The presentation will be followed by an open discussion. Those attending are
invited to bring in their questions and ideas, and information about other
relevant systems they know of.

DIRECTIONS:The Library is on Main St in East Hartford (opp a White
Church),close to where Conn Blvd meets Main St.
>From Rte I-84 East – Exit 53 – Turn RIGHT on to Conn Blvd -- about 3/4 mile
-- Conn Blvd ends in Main St –turn RIGHT on to Main St – go 50 yds – (the
Library is on your left ) -- Next Light – turn left on to Central Ave – 50
yds -- turn left into Parking Lot behind the Library. Walk up to the side or
front entrance ---- go to the Meeting Room downstairs.
>From Rte I-84 West –Exit 56 – Bear Right on to Governor St – thru 1st light
– go to Main St – turn Right on to Main St – 2 lights – At 2nd Light, turn
left on to Central Ave - 50 yds - turn left into Lib Parking. Go to the
Meeting Room downstairs.
>From Rte 91 South – Near Hartford, get on to Rte I-84 East – follow
directions above. From Rte 91 N – In Hartford, take Exit 32 on to Trumbull
St -- End of Ramp, turn LEFT -- go 1/4 mi -- go under Rte 84 -- Turn Left to
get on to Rte I-84 East – follow directions above.

This event is organized by the Solar Energy Association of Connecticut,
Inc., a nonprofit, educational organization ( active since 1976) which
supports and promotes the use of renewable energies and environmentally
benign technologies.

It is open to all interested persons, free of charge. Please register for
this event by calling one of the following:
(860) 233-5684 or (860) 489-9555 or (203) 613-4363 or (845) 669-8341

Solar Energy Assoc. of Conn. Inc.
P.O. Box 541
Hartford CT 06101
http://www.SolarEnergyOfCT.org