{news} Information about Reading

Charlie Pillsbury chapillsbury at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 22:36:49 EDT 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ruth Weill <moondog at execpc.com>
Date: Jun 26, 2007 12:17 AM
Subject: [usgp-nc] Information about Reading
To: convention committee <anmcom at green.gpus.org>, Natlcomvotes <
natlcomvotes at green.gpus.org>, USGP Discussion <Natlcomaffairs at green.gpus.org

The 2007 Annual Meeting in Reading is almost here.

As some of you already know, the Abraham Lincoln Wyndham Hotel's rooms
are sold out.  *The week of our convention will be a big week in Reading
for hotels.  Be sure to make your reservations now.  We have reserved
blocks of rooms at several motels that will only be held until July 3.
Please e-mail Dave Kurzweg, our meeting coordinator, at
davidbkurzweg at hotmail.com for more information about this.  More
specific information coming this week on how to reserve those rooms.*
Also visit the http://www.gpanc.org/  for links to the needing and
offering housing and for a list of area hotel/motels.

If you are flying into the Philly airport July 11th and 12th there will
be a shuttle service that will drop off at the hotel for $25.00 per
person one way plus a $10.00 a van drop charge to be divided among the
passengers , this is a special rate so please let us know asap if you
are interested.  The company would like to get 6 passengers per van.
Please contact Dave Kurzweg  at davidbkurzweg at hotmail.com   if you will
need these services.  We need to get the reservations in by July 7th.
Shuttles run every couple of hours.   There will also be some car
shuttling during in between times and after Thursday, which will depend
on need.  Please contact Hillary Aisenstein at hillarya at pobox.upenn.edu
  Please also visit the http://www.gpanc.org/ and check the need and
offering rides links to see if something works for you.

Later this week or early next week we will send out information
regarding local mass transit as well.

If you have not registered yet please do so,  the $100 on line
registration stops on July 6th.  On site registration is $115.

If you have not registered for the meal plan please do so right away.
You will not be able to purchase the meal plan on site, it must be
purchased ahead of time.  Please visit the site again at
http://www.gpanc.org/ .  The plan is offering breakfast and lunch on
Friday-Sunday.  Dinner is on your own.

Do you like good music?     Want to support GPUS and see some great
bands?   Check out the shows on both Thursday and Friday evenings.  They
will both be held in the ballroom of the Ab. Lincoln hotel.

Saturday evening's activities involve a Ballot Access Rally featuring
Ralph Nader, our own Diane White's reggae band Unbroken and DC Green
Head Roc along with some other great music.  Sounds like quite an
amazing event.

Please purchase your tickets for the following shows on the site at
http://www.gpanc.org/

If you would like to volunteer sometime during the week we would welcome
you. There are various needs from set up and breakdown of tables and
chairs to delegate packet production and everything in between.  Please
contact Jay Sweeney at jnln at epix.net  if you are willing to give a
couple of hours.   Thanks!

We look forward to seeing you in Reading and watch your inbox for more
information.

Thanks!

Ruth Weill
Chair ANMC

--
" One person can make a difference,  and every person must try."

     John F. Kennedy

" Be the change you want to see in the world."

     Mohandas Gandhi

"If I can't dance, I do not want to be a part of your revolution."

     Emma Goldman

To send a message to the list, write to:
Natlcomvotes at green.gpus.org
To unsubscribe or change your list options, go to:

If your state delegation changes, please see:
http://gp.org/committees/nc/documents/delegate_change.html

To report violations of listserv protocol, write to
forummanagers at lists.gp-us.org

For other information about the Coordinating Committee, see:
http://gp.org/committees/nc/