{news} Feedback please: USGP International Committee Proposal to the NC: Trans-Atlantic Green Dialogue"

Kenneth Humphrey kumfry at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 10:16:48 EDT 2007

        This seems like a very solid idea to be
pursued. Certainly the American and Canadian Green
Parties badly need much more interrelating in view of
the border incidents wherein Canadian bureaucracy
accepted the U.S. infringement on the civil liberties
of American progressives attempting to attend
meetings/events in Canada. Closer contact with
European Greens is also vitally important since Europe
experienced fascism in the pre-WWII era and now the
U.S. seems on a fast track course to our own brand of
nativistic and imperialistic fascism.

         Ken Humphrey
--- Justine McCabe <justinemccabe at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Connecticut Green Party - Part of the GPUS
> http://www.ctgreens.org/ -
> http://www.greenpartyus.org/
>
> to unsubscribe click here
> mailto:ctgp-news-unsubscribe at ml.greens.org> Dear CT
Greens,

> [...]
> Dialogue will be held Washington, DC, a U.S. city
> which is accessible both to international Green
> Party guests, and U.S. participants.
>

> INTERNATIONAL GREENS. Participating parties from
> Europe, Canada, and Brasil will send small
> delegations, perhaps totaling 15-20 representatives,
> authorized by their respective governing bodies.
>

> U.S. GREENS. The U.S. party will send a delegation
> comprised of:
>

>   * Two members of the Steering Committee, who will
> convene the
>     Dialogue sessions
>

>   * The Co-Chairs of the International Committee
> (Julia
>     Willebrand and Justine McCabe)
>
>   * The IC representatives to the Global Green
> Network (Marnie
>     Glickman, John Rensenbrink, Bahram Zandi), and
> Federation of
>     Green Parties of the Americas (Tony Affigne,
> Steve Herrick)
>

>   * A member of the Presidential Campaign Support
> Committee (PCSC)
>

>   * National political director (McMillan) and
> operations
>     director (Emily Citkowski)
>
>   * Additional interested U.S. Greens, especially
> from the
>     International Committee, Campus Greens, and the
> Green
>     National Committee, are expected to attend as
> observers and
>     breakout workshop participants
>

> TIME LINE
>

> 1. U.S. approval process: October - November 2007
> 2. European/Canadian/Brazilian approval process:
> November - December 2007
> 3. Coordination of invitations: January-February
> 2008
> 4. Logistics, agenda, and arrangements:
> January-April 2008
> 5. TRANSATLANTIC GREEN DIALOGUE: Two day sessions,
> mid- to late-April 2008
>

> RESOURCES
>

> NOTE: Travel costs for designated U.S.
> representatives (from SC, IC, and PCSC) will be
> shared between GNC budget and individual delegates.
> Staff time to be supported by GNC budget. IC
> members' and local members' time is donated. Local
> members' hosting is donated. U.S. participants'
> other lodging and meal expenses are self-supported.
> International guests' expenses to be paid by their
> parties. Registration fees are minimal, to partially
> cover the cost of GNC's resource commitment.
>

> ACTIVITY                        RESOURCE COMMITMENT
> US approval process             Staff time, IC
> members' time
> Invitations/Planning            Staff time, IC
> members' time
> NYC Arrangements                Staff time, local
> members' time
>                                 Space costs (approx.
> $500)
> DC Arrangements                 Staff time, local
> members' time
>                                 Space costs (approx.
> $1800)
> Transportation                  Travel costs
=== message truncated ===> To be removed please

mailto://ctgp-news-unsubscribe@ml.greens.org