{news} how did other candidates do?

David Bedell dbedellgreen at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 02:55:17 EST 2007

In New Canaan, Hector Lopez and Erik Eisenberg won constable seats in a
non-competitive race.  The town will now have 2 constables from each party,
Greens, Republicans, and Democrats.  I don't have the vote count yet.

In Redding, Leif Smith won a constable seat with 5 write-in votes in another
non-competitive race.  Those of you who attended the 2004 Green Party
fundraiser performance of "Woody Guthrie's American Song" at the Sherman
Playhouse may remember Leif's acoustic band, My Dad's Truck
(http://www.mydadstruck.com ).

In Stamford, Mary Farrell got 13.7% and I got 7.5% in a constable race where
10 candidates competed for 7 seats.  Two years ago I got 3.7% when 9 were
running for 7 seats, so this is a nice improvement, even though we still
trailed the major party candidates.  Clausel Berrouet got 3.2% in the board
of education race (8 candidates for 3 seats), enough to hold the ballot
line.

David Bedell