{news} New London results

Ronna Stuller rstuller at snet.net
Sat Nov 10 09:56:47 EST 2007

Thanks, Charlie.  Unfortunately for us, the Dems raised and spent
record dollars (their top vote-getter had raised $25,000 by first
reporting), and, in the absence of burning issues, voters leaned
toward the comfortable.  The One New London Party, which burst onto
the scene 2 years ago and got 2 councilors elected on a lower taxes,
anti-eminent domain platform, is down to 0, and the party's future is
uncertain.

One big positive for us is that 2 of our 4 candidates were previously
not involved in the NLGP and represent (different) relevant
communities that we hope will provide some good opportunities for
growing the Greens here.

Needless to say, we are here to stay.

Peace, Ronna