{news} RE: IMPORTANT: ACLU Needs CT Green Candidate'Ronna Stuller's To Attend Meeting About Petitioning Issues

Mike DeRosa smderosa at cox.net
Tue Nov 13 22:56:13 EST 2007

Dear CT Green Party Candidates

As you may know the CT Green Party with the help of the ACLU is suing the
State of CT over certain provisions of the recently pass campaign finance
law.

Our lead attorneys Mark Lopez and Josh Hsu have asked me to find as many CT
candidates who have had to petition to get on the ballot to come to a
meeting to share their experiences with them.

It is vitally important that you attend this meeting.  Our attorneys want to
hear your stories about your experiences with petitioning to get on the
ballot.  They will then use this information to show the

judge deciding this lawsuit how difficult it is for minor parties to fulfill
the requirements under this new campaign finance law.  As you know we will
have to collect 10, 15, or 20 times the number of

signatures required to get on the ballot in order to qualify for funding
under this new law.  The major parties are exempt from this activity under
the well know legal concept that all parties are equal in

CT but some parties are more equal than others.

The details of this meeting:

What:  Meeting with ACLU Attorneys

When: Monday, November 19th, 3-5PM

Where: New Haven Legal Assistance offices, 426 State ST,  New Haven, CT
(www.mapquest.com <http://www.mapquest.com/> )

Who:   Any CT Green Party candidate who has petitioned to get on to the
ballot

Why:  To Gather information on the difficulty of obtaining signatures when
petitioning to get on the ballot for use

           in our important law suit to stop discrimination against third
parties and independent candidates who

           want to qualify for funding under the new campaign finance law.

Our attorneys from the ACLU, Mark Lopez and Josh Hsu need your experiences
to help build our case please make every effort to attend. Refreshments will
be served.

Contact Mike DeRosa if you can attend: 860-919-4042 or e-mail
smderosa at cox.net